5.20.2007

under construction


UCCS just posted a bunch of photos of construction at the Daegu English Village site - click here for more. I think they were taken during a trip this winter, but it's still exciting to see something a little more concrete than architects' drawings with a mysteriously transparent clock tower ...

The enormity of being part of the founding of such a program freaks me out no little bit sometimes, but the opportunities should be equal to the challenges. 20 American teachers have been hired now, they tell us, and I think most of the village staff is also in place. Although it still doesn't feel quite real, it's becoming more apparent every day that it's actually going to happen.

Meanwhile, construction continues on this blog, as well - I've added a whole bunch of stuff on the sidebar at right. Let me know if you're having more trouble loading this site than others or if things are displaying correctly ... still working out the kinks.

And a packing question: Does anyone have suggestions of American trinkets to take for thank-you gifts or rewards for students?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If it's American trinkets you want, I imagine any interstate truckstop can provide you with all the plastic Americana you need.

In any case, aren't most American trinkets made in Korea?...

Justin

Anonymous said...

well, it's probably too late for this suggestion, but I'd say american quarters--the collectible kind. I met tons of asians who love those.