5.18.2008

my new place

So I just got my new apartment settled, and the location, setup and price are an absolute dream. A 10 to 15 minute walk to downtown/work (I had thought I would have to commute in), or if the weather's bad, it's two to five minutes to get to the subway and then one stop away and all indoors. And that subway stop next to my place is also one of the major train stations of the city, as well as a giant luxury department store with a basement grocery store, and there's tons of other shopping, eateries and cafes in the immediate area. And I'm paying only about 50 bucks a month - just over a fourth of what I'd expected to pitch in - to upgrade to a full one-bedroom, instead of a studio, where it would have been difficult to host the many local and perhaps couple international visitors I expect in the next year.

But that dream I'm getting is a pretty colorful one, including giant psychadelic pink flowers on the living room wall and other decor no less than three tones of orange, plus one of red. I'm finding the cheese factor and artistic challenge quite entertaining - a great trade for a one-year stint of otherwise great conditions ... thought you all would get a kick out of seeing the pictures (click here), too.

I move in late this week - new mailing address to come.

3 comments:

Bobbi. said...

Sweet! Pink and orange are sooo your colors :-P
I wish I were going to be one of those international visitors this coming year -- miss you. Send that address.

Tamara said...

Hey, it seems sunny and perfect every other way. I don't think you'd go for a place with no personality that you couldn't tell stories about later. (not nearly as bad as I was expecting, though. . .) congrats on the new digs!

...jwm said...

Looks fun! Glad you were able to find something with more space and great location.

Any plans for furniture (or is that where the other $150 / mos goes?) ; )

Dad.